This is what I cooked yesterday for our lunch and dinner. Made a big pan of stir fried lasagna noodles ‘bolognese style’. Yes, that’s lasagna noodles just because I have ’em in my fridge since Sunday. And half of the carrot that I had use for lasagna last Sunday. Hahaha I took me a while to think of what to do with it and people who know me knows how much I hate throwing food that’s still in good condition. This meal looks like bolognese isn’t it? Ha! I didn’t use any tomato puree only 50 grams of minced beef.
Here’s the recipe:
– Leftover lasagna noodles
– 1 onion
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 6 button mushrooms
– 1/2 carrot
– 5 pieces of cili padi
– 50g of minced beef
– 1 bell peppers
– 3 tbsp of tomato sauce
– 1tbsp of oyster sauce
– 1 mug of water
– salt to taste
1. Chopped the onion, mushrooms, garlic, cili padi and carrot to make the ‘base’ and sauteed into the pan.
2. Stir in the minced beef and add the tomato sauce and the oyster sauce.
3. Cut the peppers into big chunk and stir in as well.
4. Pour in the water and wait for the sauce to thicken. Now it’s the time to add the salt.
5. Once thickened, put in the noodles and let it simmer.
*you may use anything to substitute the lasagna noodles. Leftover spaghetti or macaroni would be lovely.
*basically just use any ingredients in your fridge that about to expire. It could be amazing you know!