*This post consists of pictures and some explanations which some of you finds it inappropriate. Carry on skip this one. This is my story and please, only good comments are allowed as this post will be read by Ameena Zahara … Continue reading
As a newlyweds, it is so important to get off on the right foot financially, true? Have you ever wonder, how do most of the people do their financial budgeting? How can they sustain their financial without having to pinch their wallet? Let me tell you, before I was married, truth is I am a big spender and I barely have my own saving let alone nothing in my emergency money! A few months before we tied the knot, I have come to my realisation that I need to do something with my bad habit of spending and no saving. This old habit got to go!
Well ladies (some mens too), I have found an easy way how to do your simple budgeting called the ‘Money Game’. This budgeting can be use to yourself, your partnership business or your company!
1. Necessity Fund – Take 55% off your salary
- This is to spend on how to support yourself like paying the bills, buy groceries, give some money to your parents and also to spend on your cars.
2. Long Term Saving Fund – Take 10% off your salary
- This is to allocate some money for your future. Remember the slogan, ‘out of sight, out of mind’? Yes, put it somewhere out of reach like Amanah Saham Bumiputera (ASB), Takaful, Tabung Haji, etc..
3. Education Fund – Take 10% off your salary
- This is for yourself and not education fund for your children! Remember, regardless how old we are, education is priority, Spend this fund to attend seminar or classes in order to enhance your knowledge.
4. Fun Fund – Take 10% off your salary
- Take 5% to spend it now like buy yourself a pair of shoes, a beautiful dress or anything that your hear desire. Another 5% is for your holiday. This fund need to be use or you may keep it until you reached your target what to buy using this fund.
5. Financial Freedom Fund – Take 10% (or more) off your salary
- This is for future investment like Unit Trust. With this fund you for to plan on how many years you want to be financial freedom. Will explain further what Financial Freedom in my future post.
6. Charity Fund – Take 5% off your salary
- This is a must spend fund too. Something good will happen in your life if you reaching out for the unfortunate. Helping others can create an improved sense of well-being. Knowing that you sacrificed your finances n order to help others in need can give you a sense of purpose in life and inner satisfaction. A plus point, it is tax deductible.
Well, I hope that with this post I help you out on how to spend wisely and not having the same problem like myself previously. Let me share you a quote by Warren Buffett; Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving.
Till next time,
Some of you who know me knows that I have quit my job for two and a half months now. Many people thinks it is due to I’m getting married at that time and assuming that I’m looking for another job. Well, no. I am not looking at all! Some said I am crazy, some said I am wasting my degree and some even said I am just being lazy. How I wish I can just lying around doing nothing.. For now, let just say I am currently working on a new project with my Ameerul and we both hope, InsyaAllah that this huge sacrifice that I make would make a difference for our small little family.
All I ask is for all of you to make a dua for me to achieve what we have target, make it easy for both of us to go through the ups and downs together and InsyaAllah to be humble when both of us have reached the top. InsyaAllah.
*picture was taken a day after being TheAmeeruls (“,)
Think that’s all for now.
Yesterday, 24th March 2104 – I felt so frustrated, sorrow and bitter with the news.
1. Pak Andak passed away yesterday night at 11.30pm. I was shocked when I received the news via whatsapp from mak. Was told that he was never sick. Before Asar prayer, he went into the washroom to take his ablution and he fell. Unconscious and was brought to Hospital Pontian by ambulance. Before Maghrib he was again been brought to Hospital Sultanah Aminah for further examination since in Pontian the expertise was a little bit limited. Mak and ayah went to the hospital after their Asmaul’ Husna. Was told that he complained that he felt the pain right at his back and the nurse given him the pain killer which literally ‘kill’ him. MasyaAllah. Thought that pain killer was too strong from him. CPR was held for 1.5 hours and doctor confirmed his death. Its his ajal and his qada’ and qadar. I pray that he will be place together with the pious and may he rest in peace with blessings from Allah. InsyaAllah.
2. Was religiously follows the MH370 updates in the news. Last night press conference with PM Najib at 10pm – he announced that flight MH370 was ended in South Indian Ocean. I felt so numb and speechless when heard the news. Was so upset with the government at first (will talk about it later, insyaAllah) but then when I thought about it, no use.My condolences to the families who are affected. After the announcement was made, PM Najib said please respect the families and if the media have queries, hope that they can ask during the press conference held in the morning after. Fair enough. This noon during the press conference, Hishamudin told the media there was no debris found yet but the news was coming from UK Satellite. So confusing. But I understand. It has been 17days yesterday and they were pushed by many to announce. Will definitely do the follow up writing on this here in Lepug.
3. My deepest and heartfelt agony was 529 death sentence for my brothers in Egypt. Allahuakbar! The verdict was made by judge Saeed Elgazar (the most controversial judge) just because of one policeman was killed during the protests last June 2013. Never in a right mind of a man can think of one policeman was killed by 529 people? Seriously??!! Where are justice?? Where is OIC? Where is UN? Where is our media? There was little coverage with regards to this ‘open to public massacre’! To my surprise, even the lawyer who defend these people also was sentence to death for being complicity. In the name of Allah, how can that be accepted?? – “They can kill Muslims but they can never kill Islam” InsyaAllah.
Heartbreaking news makes me feel so restless and it really awakes me that Allah is the biggest super power and nothing can stop HIM when he said ‘kun fa ya kun’. Ya Allah, Ya Rabbi, please place these people near to you in the hereafter and rest them in peace while waiting for us in Masyar Day, InsyaAllah.
I, myself need to do some ‘cleanse’ as I too have sins. MasyaAllah.
On a lighter note: Ayid’s (my brother) birthday was yesterday. Did treat him a nice dinner (just me and him) on 23rd. Sorry Ayid, got no time yet to celebrate. But don’t you be sad, we will celebrate your birthday soon! A nice dinner again with mak and ayah perhaps? 😉